2 days Trip to Bougmaz Happy valley
- Type: Mountain Tour
- Duration: 2 days
- Customise: This Tour can be customised
- Accommodation: Gite/Luxury Kasbah
- Activities: Cultural Tours, Historical Tours, Nature, Hiking
Nestling in the foothills of central high Atlas. Ait Bougmez valley, known locally as one of the exceptional areas, is cut off the rest of the world for more than six months of the year due to heavy snowfalls.
When the spring comes, sowings, blooms and migration of storks, mark the return of the daily life and activity in this wonderful valley. Agriculture and animal husbandry constitute the main activities for the Berber locals who live in these areas. Here the daily life concentrates in the green valleys where the autochthonous are still practicing medieval and traditional farming methods.
While travelling in the depths of these peaceful mountains, you will enjoy magnificent panoramas, characterized by picturesque views; mountains and rocks varying in shape and color, flourishing vegetation, traditional villages offering you an insight into the daily life of the hardy and friendly Berber people.
As they have done for centuries, the Berbers autochthonous of Central High Atlas will offer you legendary warm hospitality, a smiling face welcomes you throughout this journey which will leave you with some unforgettable memories.
2 days Trip to Bougmaz Happy valley: Trek Highlights
- Discovery of the famous Ait Bougmez and Ait Boulli valleys.
- Beautiful Berber villages with traditional architecture.
- Visit to the Marabout granary of Sidi and the dinosaur footprints.
- Meet with the nomadic transhumant of central high Atlas.
- An English Berber speaking guide with a competent accompanying team.
- Genuing animation and friendly welcoming.
- Cooking Course.
April to October are the suitable months of the year to do this trip. The days are usually warm offering pleasant walks. Spring and Summer is the ideal season and the views are excellent when the flowers are in bloom.